Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Chinese Dinner with my host family

I heard voices in my ears but I couldn't understand a word.

Yesterday, I prepared dinner for my host family. I was really excited at first because I have no idea whether they will like it or not.

In the afternoon, Sara, Andrea, Antonio and I went to Ipercoap supermarket to buy my ingredients. Sadly, I couldn't find my oyster sauce and corn flour. The corn flour they have was not the one I want. I was very dissapointed because I do not know what to do without these ingredient. Luckily, I found the most important ingredient of my recipe, Kikoman soya sauce! Haha.xD Great! After that the shopping, Sara, Lori and I went to Grandma's house. Grandma is very nice and she love to thread clothes by her own. She also baked a candy cake for us! It was the first time I see candy cake as big as this in my life! It really delicious too. You have to trust me that almost all the bread and cakes I ate in Italy is fantastic! SERIOULY.


Candy cake.xD




So sweeeeeeeeeeet!



I started preparing dinner at 7pm. Yea, it was very late, but Italians usually eat dinner around 9pm. So I am just right in time to prepare everything. Sara helped me to wash and cut the vegetable. She said she enjoyed doing it with me. I am glad that I had a good helper here. Pappa help me to cut the chicken and pork. He was very eager to know what am I cooking so he just stand there and look at me. So scary la!! I am so nervous, felt like the pressure came into my nerves because I am afraid that they won't like the food I cook. Lori brought his friend, Marco along to have dinner with us.

Finally, everything is done! Dinner is ready!


Oh, I miss rice so much! This is the rice I cooked.





French bean with prawn.




Pork meat.xD My favourite. They said it looks not nice, but it is tasty!




Soya Sauce chicken soup. They love this soup the most! Haha.xD



They think that the dinner I prepared for them are very original asian food. I taught them to use chopstick and they really enjoyed it even though it is very difficult. haha.xD Pappa love the rice, he kept on adding rice. Marco and Lori like the soup. They drank a few bowl, as I remember. They told me that they like it very much.xD They just keep on saying 'Buono', means good. Wow! I am so happy with that! They really made my day! haha.xD



Lori using chopstick.xP


Well, that's all. I am having sore throat now... Have no mood the blog la... Will continue blogging later.



***********2 hours later********

Back....


Yesterday night, I did not followed Sara out as I don't really know her friends, Simone and Jesicca. I went out with Lori's friends, Marco, Johny, Camilia and a few person which I am so sorry that I had forgotten their name. I bet some of them are looking at my blog now... Thx for reading! Lori's friends are very friendly to me. I know they were trying to communicate with me even though they cannot speak in English well. They treat me like I am their sister, so caring and warmth! I really love to go out with them a lot. haha.xD Camilia, she is so sweeeeeeeeet and cuteeeeeeeeeee! I really like her a lot even though we didn't really communicate a lot. I know that she is eager to talk to me but she can't understand English. Yet, I find her very nice and I love her sexy voice!xD


Me and my host family will be heading to AFS intercultura later to have a dinner with some AFS-ers. I hope it will be fun as I am going to meet more people later.xP

It's a great news that my blog global viewer hit almost 50 times a day Wow! That is so unexpected. I sincerely hope you guys enjoy reading my blog about stuff in Italy. Anyway, still wanna say thx for reading it. I am happy that I can blog more about here.

No comments:

Post a Comment